Thursday, September 25, 2008

Research


I've got 2 researches that are still pending...

1. Nutrition for hypertension

2. Exodus 34:14 and/or jealousy

But just don't know how to kick start 'em! It's like, I want to do it, but...

But I do know that one day, I will. Currently still in the midst of fine-tuning my plans.

By the way, I just watched Pathology and the movie is wicked! I won't go as far as comment more about this movie, as I had already done it on Facebook. But one of the thing that struck me was, the main actor, Dr Ted Gray, is TOP OF HARVARD (in the movie)... Phew... imagine being IN Harvard, and TOP of Harvard... he inspires me! It just brings back memories of how in the past I had always strove to BE THE BEST in whatever that I am doing. I mean, don't get me wrong. I still give my best in whatever that I am doing, but constantly striving to be the best is a different thing. It's a conscientious and relentless effort in always improving, until you achieve the dream or desired outcome, which is relatively better than everyone else in that field. For example, my goal is to run below 13 minutes for the 2-mile. THE BEST anyone ever ran the 2-mile was Kenenisa Bekele, with a time of 8:04.35! At 8:04.35, I'm not even halfway! LOL My best halfway time is 8:40... LOL Yah, I know... imagine the stadium, Kennisa crossing the finishing line, I have not even reached halfway... :P



Somehow, over the years of constant monotony and repetitious tasks, I just lost that passion, that desire to be the best. Some might say it's not a good thing, as constant striving to be the best is labelled PERFECTIONISM, which is a sin. Do you think so? I think it will be a sin or not depending on the motive and the attitude behind that perfectionism. I don't think being sincerely desiring to be the best in your field is regarded by God as evil and sinful. Let go and let God? Sure, but we have to do our part.

I remember last time I desired to be not only the best academic student, but also the best doctor, which didn't materialise, of course, due to some reason that I had already shared in the past in my Friendster blog. Of course, I never was the best in class (overall)... only for Biology, of which I was the top scorer for almost every exam... The highest (overall) was 3rd place, just once, and that didn't come easily. Normally I'm in the top 10, and getting a 3rd place was unimaginable... because of the 3 kings - Cyril Ong (now Dr Cyril Ong), Jason Kho and Kong Nai Yee (now known as Pastor Shawn Kong). I mean, these 3 were just amazing... and they kept swapping places within the top 3 slots, except for those VERY RARE occasions when someone like me penetrated into the top 3... :P Oh, I just realized that for some reason, during sometime in the past, I was best friends with every one of them. Why ah? And mind you, they are NOT nerds or study freaks. Just like me, I was NOT a nerd or study freak. Who says only nerds or study freaks can be the top of the class?

Anyways, back to the topic of being the best. I think, it's pretty harmless, and a positive attribute to have, because even if you did not reach the moon, you'll still be among the STARS. Who knows, one day, you'll get to be the best after all.

So here goes... I'm not just going to be a billionaire... I'm going to be the best ever. The billionaire who gave the most to the Kingdom of God, ever. Who's talking about million anymore... probably I should aim for trillion. And I definitely don't want to be a billionaire who just dumps his money in the English Premier League like nobody's business.

I'm going to be the best nutritionist and/or dietitian as well... someone very knowledgeable and talented in public speaking and training.

Of course, I'm going to be the best husband ever. The most understanding. The most loving.... heh heh heh... I love you baby!

And there are many more dreams to dream of. Dreams to strive for.

I have a dream ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

I have dreams ~ John Tan Sze Wee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home